Our pool is not too big …. rather a “splash pool” to cool down and not suitable for diving (15 meters x 5 meters). Some of the photos shows a kid’s party at our pool site.
Lapa and kitchen
Our LAPA is also a tent structure with tables and chairs to seat 15 to 20 guests. Adjacent to the lapa is our fully equipped kitchen for guests’ gatherings OR catering purposes for birthdays and anniversaries. The kitchen is equipped for 20 people with cutlery, crockery, cups + saucers, coffee mugs, glasses, pots and pans, salad bowls and all braai equipment. There is a gas heater for hot water, a big 4 burner gas stove with oven, medium sized fridge, 20 lt microwave, 4 slice toaster, dish cloths and a toy box for children.
The braai has 2 braai areas being enough to braai for big groups. There are also ablution facilities so parents need not to hurry back to their tents with toddlers / kids when nature calls.
- We have 2 x 5000 litre water tanks although our area is not as badly affected as the Southern parts of our Coast.
- We also have 2 generators – one for our home and one for the tents – these generators supply adequate power for lights inside and outside the tents, for watching TV and charge laptops.
- We are using a Vodafone Router in our office and guests are advised to bring their own Router, if possible, because our Vodafone Router’s signal is not strong enough to reach the tents from our office as it is quite a distance.
- We do not have any Telkom service – we still have overhead lines which is very neglected as Telkom is intending to install fibre lines in our area some time in future.
- There is a file with information in each tent as well as The Southern Explorer Route Guide. The latter is for FREE and a very effective tool to explore our region from Illovo Beach in the North to Port Edward in the South and inland as far as Oribi Gorge, Paddock and Harding.